As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Turtle Island - Bali Pt.5


So there are just a couple more days in Bali and we booked a full-day tour one of those days.  We went to Turtle Island on this glass bottom boat and went snorkeling and also to this lookout where we watched the sunset.  It was an awesome day. 




So the tour guides picked us up from our hostel and the transportation was all included in the price of the tour.  It was a good deal.  So it was just my friend Sheila and me on this boat with two tour guides and we headed to Turtle Island.  They had these huge sea turtles..



and snakes..



and some aggressive monkeys.



We were only there about 20 minutes and headed back in the glass bottom boat to catch our van to the next stop of the tour.  We were headed to watch the sunset on this huge cliff.  It was awesome because you could see the waves rolling in and watching the sun set with hundreds of other tourists.



Before we got to the top of the cliff where you could see the sunset, there were millions of monkeys just hanging out.  Sheila bought some bananas for a ridiculous amount of money.  And once those monekys saw those bananas they were attracted to her like a magnet.  You had to be careful with loose things too, because they would steal things.




So I had to remove my glasses so if I walked under a tree with a monkey, the monkey wouldn’t steal them.  Sheila’s sunglasses got stolen once while she was trying to take a picture of a monkey.  She was focused on the monkey in front of her and didn’t realize one was above her and that one stole them with ease.  Then some Indonesian guy came running up and gave the monkey a raw egg.



It seemed like the monkey and the Indonesian guy were working together because the monkey gave the sunglasses to the guy right as the guy handed the monkey the egg.  It was crazy.  I thought they were going to complete the deal with a handshake.  But then the guy said to Sheila, “OK, 20,000 rupiah.”  Sheila was like, “Hell no!  Here’s 5,000.”  And we walked away.



After taking a few (hundred) pictures of the sun setting, we went to the beach and had dinner that was also included in the cost of the tour.  The dinner was OK.  We didn’t get a choice, but that’s fine.  Actually, the dinner wasn’t that good because otherwise I would be able to remember what I ate.



Then we headed back to the hostel.  Our hostel was in the middle of nowhere so there wasn’t much to do.  So I rode the motorbike up the dirt (boulder) road and had some troubles.  I could get going that easily and while trying to avoid some major rocks, I gently brushed against a house.  I don’t want to say I ran into it, but really, I just brushed up against it.  Sometimes I get a severe case of the giggles and since I couldn’t get going, I was laughing all the while driving into the side of a house.  I think just the handlebar scratched the house.  I was lucky to move my feet out of the way because that could have been bad.  I was wearing sandals, but I suffered no broken toes.  Whoopsies.

No comments: