As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Last Day, KL Pt. 5

So I think we have one half day left in Kuala Lumpur. We just have a half a day because we will have to head to the airport and catch our flights to the airports. Yes, I said “flights” and “airports.” We are at different airports because we booked through different websites, so I was at the main international terminal and Sheila was at a different one. So once we got to the train station, we had to take different trains to our respective airports. That wasn’t such a big deal. Our flights left just 20 minutes apart. So we just agreed to meet where we had to buy our visas. But I am getting ahead of myself.
I think all we did that afternoon was go to the butterfly park. That was about the only thing I hadn’t done yet while being in the city. It was like being on a safari trying to find all these butterflies. They were floating around and hiding on flowers and plants and it was like a huge scavenger hunt.
I just remembered, we also went on a city tour in one of those buses. Really touristy, but fun. That's just a good way to see the city. Usually in bigger cities when you are forced to take the subway, you only see what's under the city and not all the buildings and everything else the city has to offer. So, we took an organized city tour. The first place we decided to get off was the royal palace. The gates weren't open and you couldn't go inside, so it was disappointing. But we did see the gates..
and the palace behind the gates...
and a friendly guard whom we asked to take his picture. So that was OK.
The next stop was a museum. there were some interesting things to see there too. I guess there weren't that many interesting things to see, because looking at my pictures now, I only have a picture of this car (from 1935, but I can't remember the make)...
the outside of the museum...
a blurry picture of the Qur'an in Arabic...
and a blurry picture of me being an astronaut...
So that wrapped up the afternoon and my vacation in Kuala Lumpur. I had such a great time in Kuala Lumpur: being alone and with my Welsh friend and with Sheila. I knew there would be more adventures in Bali!

No comments: