As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Beach day - Bali Pt. 2


The next morning we woke up and had some delicious breakfast.  Bali has the best fresh fruit juices.  All the food was good.  Lots of seafood too.  After we ate, we walked around a little and headed to the beach.



We stopped to get a massage on the way there.  It sounded so good.  I already had a massage in Kuala Lumpur, so I thought this time I would get a foot massage.  The girl massaging my feet was totally awesome.  I think she liked me.  It was awkward that we were talking and having fun while she was massaging my feet.  I guess that’s always kind of awkward.

She asked where I had been and I said something like, ‘oh, I can show you some pictures.”  So then I start looking through my pics and she tells me to take a picture of her.  So she’s smiling and all of a sudden so sticks up both of her middle fingers.



I laughed really hard and told her we had to take a picture together after the massage.  She was pretty cool.



We got some lunch and headed to the beach.  We took it pretty easy that day.  I think the beach we went to here (in Legian) was the nicest beach I had ever been to.  There weren’t too many people and the sand was soft and CLEAN.  The waves weren’t too bad and there were beginner surfers learning how to surf.  I didn’t try it.  Looked like too much work. 




There were also many Balinese people stopping by and trying to sell you things.  This one woman kept wanting to give me a pedicure.  I politely said ‘no’ and she wouldn’t take no for an answer.  So I was a little rude to her so she could understand how badly I DIDN’T want this pedicure.  Then she asked where I was from and I told her Canada.  Whoops.  Then she left and grabbed my toes.  I wanted to kick her.  Don’t touch me.

After that, we ate dinner and took it easy.  It was a very relaxing night.

No comments: