As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Summertime In Inje

I know this is old news now, but on October 3, it was a national holiday, so we didn't have school.  It was still about 75 degrees and the mountains were still green, so I thought I should take some pictures of what the summer looks like in Inje.


It's weird to think that these will be some of my last opportunities to take pictures.  It's getting really sad realizing I have such little time left.  So I wanted to remember what my town looked like on a perfect end-of-summer day.



I rode my bike around town and first stopped at the Catholic church in town.  They don't offer any masses in English, and I hate to admit it, but I never even went to church.  But I took pictures of it! (I don't think that counts).




There are a whole bunch of fields in people's yards.  Houses with yards don't have grass like a typical property in the States, but instead they plant a whole bunch of vegetables and rice.  They really like to plant cabbage, because Korea's most popular dish, kimchi, uses fermented cabbage, and cabbage can't grow in the winter, so you need to grow lots in the summer.


I also took this picture down the main street..



...you can see the huge green mountain invading the background.  Inje is surrounded by mountains, so everywhere you looked, you were always staring into a mountain.

And I took pictures of my favorite stores.  These were the ones I went to most frequently.

My favorite restaurant where I can get a substantial meal for $4


EcoMart, where you can buy anything under $3

You can get some crappy, over-priced coffee here

And the bakery and the 24-hour convenient store

And now the summer is coming to an end.  There are only so many other things I can write about, but I will sure share them.

No comments: