As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween in Sokcho

Well, Halloween was crazy as usual.  And not to sound lame, but I went as a scarecrow.  Not to sound even lamer, but I went as that last year in the States.  Ha, dumb.  But it's an easy costume.  My new friend Arazue had an awesome costume: Waldo from 'Where's Waldo?'  She was randomly in the background of other peoples' pictures.  It was hilarious.

Haha, Arazue in the background!

I really just look like a farmer

The Inje crew


Connor, one of the new guys in town, actually dressed as a Korean school girl.  He was so dedicated, he even died his hair black.  He also borrowed a bra from one girl in town (I won't say her name, but YOU know who you are).  That's hardcore.  He stayed in character all night too.  It was hilarious to watch him.

Connor attempting to seduce the bartender

Smokin'

This is during the K-Pop song 'Put your Hands Up.'
That is Zaaid's hand.

Ashley also had a cool costume.  A chili pepper come to mind.  And he has the best poses.



I'm not going to lie, it was a little boring at first.  But after a few rum and cokes (mmMMMMmmm) it became more fun.  Then they were also having some good deal on Tsingtao, the Chinese beer, which is delicious even though I am not much of a beer fan (especially Korean beer).  So that was a good change.



They had Korean DJs at the bar, which usually at this bar, there is just a computer and you can pick your own music.  I like it better that way because these Koreans were playing some weird music that didn't have a good, steady dance beat.  That's no good in my book.  But after a while I started shouting Korean K-Pop artist and they played some of those songs.  But after a while, it seemed like the DJs had only three songs on the playlist and it was on repeat.  Honestly, we hear four songs about three times a piece.  LAME!

DJs



I sat in beer.

Beer-soaked butt

I also met some Russians.  I think they were Korean.  But the guy stole my hat.  They were awesome dancers.  I asked the guy what his first language and he said 'Russian' in English.  Craziness.



This was the scariest costume I have ever seen.  Seriously, he popped out of nowhere from the crowd and scared the crap out of me.  So I took this picture.  Admit it, you would be scared too.


So 4am rolls around and we decide to head back to the motel.  Arazue and I already had it all figured out, but there were three other guys from our town that had nowhere to go.  We told them to come with us and see if there was a room in our motel.  When we got there, there were no vacancies, so we crammed five people in this tiny motel room.  Three in the bed and two on the floor.  Just the usual, I guess.

That's all.  

No comments: