As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Home Improvements

As you all may know, a couple months after arriving in Korea, I was taking a shower and I locked my door, just because I wanted to see how the lock worked.  I ended up locking myself in the bathroom for 40 minutes and had to rip the door handle off.  You can read about it in my previous post in December.



So I was at Home Plus with my boss and a new teacher so we could buy some things for the new teacher.  By chance we were walking in the aisle where the door handles were and I saw one that looked exactly like mine. So I picked it up and put it in the cart.  My boss looked at my funny and asked why I needed one.  I told her I got locked in the bathroom and I ripped it off.  I don't know if she understood, but I felt really embarrassed.  She must have known because the landlords were in my apartment a couple of times doing who-knows-what, and I'm sure they communicate.  So my boss was nice enough to buy me a new door handle.



This is what my door looked like for most of the year: it had no door handle and there was a gaping hole you could see out from (or see in from).  So that was embarrassing because everyone who ever came over always asked what happened.  I felt really stupid.



But the striker and plate were really easy to install.  I couldn't figure out how to put the lock in though.  It's this pin that pushed in to lock and pulls out to unlock.  I don't know about you, but I think I'm doing the next person a favor so they don't get locked in.  Hahah.

No comments: