As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Apartment



I have been settling in the past four days and my apartment is coming together. It is a very small studio apartment that's about a three minute walk from my school. Perfect. I have all major appliances: refrigerator, microwave, TV, washing machine (which are all products of Samsung, including my cell phone), pots & pans, nice bathroom. It's very modern. I swear the wallpaper has a pink tint to it, so I'm not liking that. You may see that in the pictures. You may also look at my full album on Facebook. The link is at the bottom of this post.



All the appliances are in Korean, so I don't know how to use my microwave, washing machine or adjust my thermostat. One nice thing, too, is that there are heated floors. It must be because in Korean culture you are required to remove your shoes when you enter your home, a restaurant (in my small town anyway, not in a big restaurant in the middle of Seoul), and even my school. I am still getting used to taking my shoes off in public places, but at least I don't have to wear slippers when I get home. I might just bring those to school so they are easy to slip off and on.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3108203&id=13932786&l=e8bf2e88c7

No comments: