As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mastering Chopsticks

I think I will get used to the food here. They are very light, but I don't think I will go hungry either. They eat lots of fruits and vegetables and I have only had chicken and noodles and rice...not too bad.

I am fortunate enough to have breakfast and lunch at the school everyday. Cereal and cut up fruit is usually what we have for breakfast and for lunch it's either something the director prepares, some she orders for us or she will give us money to go out for lunch. All expenses are on our director. That is nice since I haven't been to the bank or the grocery store yet so my meals were covered for the first couple days and will be covered for the year.

Chopsticks weren't very easy in the beginning, but after two days, I survived on full meal. It will only get easier. My hand always cramps up and I want to use one chopstick one each hand, but then I look awkward. I am getting used to eating rice and noodles with them and it's not that difficult.

No comments: