As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Couple Days

Ah, I arrived two nights ago and have been adjusting well. My flight was at 6:13 am Tuesday from Minneapolis to Denver, had 20 minutes then went to San Francisco, had 15 minutes then was headed to Seoul. I was nervous catching all those flight because my layovers weren't that long. I didn't have a problem though. After I landed, I met someone and he bought me a bus ticket from the airport to Chuncheon, about two and a half hours away, then another guy and the husband of the director drove me another hour to Inje. Yes, I am that far from Seoul.

Everything went smoothly and I finally arrived at my apartment. It's a small studio apartment, but there is a full kitchen, big screen TV, washing machine and a very nice bathroom. It seems very modern. I think I will like it there...accept for the pink tint of the wallpaper...I don't like that. And the apartment is only a 3-4 minute walk to the school, so I can't complain.

Not many people speak English here. The director has very broken English and I will have problems ordering food in a restaurant, taking money from the bank and any other encounter I have with a Korean. I will have to learn some of the language just to live in this town, but I don't think it will be that bad.

I am here with three South Africans. They are awesome. I think I will like it here and gaining this experience will be a real asset when I get back to the States.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Andrew's excellent adventure!
Larry

Jen said...

So good to hear from you! Keep updating us! Hopefully setting up Skype this weekend. Hope to SEE you soon!