As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Day of Teaching

Whew, I taught two classes today. It doesn't seem like much but for some reason I was so nervous. It is very hard to work between all different ages and knowing the level of English everyone speaks. The first class was a little difficult, I just didn't know what to say, what to ask them. I was even bored teaching so I'm sure the kids were. The second class went way better because the kids had more energy and I was able to joke around with them and the game we were playing really picked up.

I really like the school I'm at and I'm getting used to my work schedule. Sometimes our work week is Monday-Friday and sometimes it's Tuesday-Saturday. I like the Tuesday-Saturday schedule because then on Mondays I can go to the bank and go the the grocery store. Accept, right now I don't know where the grocery store is, but I just opened my bank account today. Once I find the grocery store I will officially be all moved in. I got dished and towels and sponges from my director today, so my kitchen is complete.

There are heated floors so it's a fake wood-type floor; therefore, I need a broom because I never knew how much dirt and little things build up on the floor. I've only been in the apartment for seven full days and it's dirty already. I also need some cleaning supplies for when I need to clean my bathroom. AND, I translated all the buttons on the washing machine and the thermostat, so when I need to do laundry I think I will know how.

Things are finally coming together and I really do feel at home.

No comments: