As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Monday, March 5, 2007

Barcelona

Hello. This past weekend our prgram brought us to Barcelona. It was the best weekend I think I have had so far. Barcelona is filled with so much history and things to see and do. When we arrived on Friday, we went around the city on a bus tour that showed us the most popular things to see in Barcelona. Then Saturday and Sunday morning, we had free time to go around the city and look at the things we wanted. It was a good thing my friend Molly from high school is studying in Barcelona because she helped me so much with the metro...and it was good to see a familiar face.

I spent the whole weekend with Molly and I got to see all the things I wanted to when I was iin Barcelona. First, we saw the parque Güell, a park designed by Gaudí, a famous architect born in Barcelona. We also saw la sagrada familia, which is this huge cathedral designed again by Gaudí, but he died before the construction was finished, so they have held construction because I think there is a slight arguement about whether it should be finished by another, or left alone by what was done by Gaudí. I could be making all this up, but I think that is what is going on. Also, I saw the plaza de España, which has this amazing founatin that changes patterns and colors at night and is set to music and is a huge performance. It was breath-taking, I can´t explain it. I also went down to Port Olympic and to the Olympic Stadium. I definetely recommend to anyone to visit Barcelona at least once in their life, you won´t be disappointed.

No comments: