As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another Study Abroad Experience

Well, as the school year is ending, I am preparing myself for another study abroad. This time it is in Guanajuato, Mexico (just north of Mexico City) and it is only for three weeks. I leave May 19 and return June 6.

Just tonight I found out where I was living. I am living with a host family with a friend of mine from UMD. He actually worked with me at Target when I was 16. He first went to a community college in Iowa and later transfered to UMD. It was by coincidence that we were both accpeted to this study abroad, so we decided to room together. The only confusing thing is that his name is Andrew too, so our host mom will have a fun time with that.

I am trying to figure out what I need to pack. The weather is pretty nice down there, between 80 and 90 degrees. A drastic change from Minnesotan weather. Too bad my city isn't on the coast by a beach, but hopefully I can make it there.

That's about all I have for now. Hopefully I can write on here often. I am debating whether I will keep a physical journal, or use this as a journal so I can keep you all informed. I probably won't write much before I leave, but hopefully often when I am there. Thanks for reading.

No comments: