As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Last night in the U.S.

Well, one more night in my own bed, then I am off to Mexico. I am pretty excited, just working on some last minute packing. It's too bad because my flight leaves at 6:50 tomorrow morning, so we have to meet two hours early, at 4:50. So now that we live in Oak Grove, who knows how long it takes to get to the airport...I think an hour or so. Oh well, I guess I feel more bad for my parents that they have to get up that early because they still have to go to a full day's of work, and I know I will sleep on the plane ;)

I am looking over our tentative schedule, and it turns out we really only meet 12 days for class, which is pretty cool because we have time to ourselves on the weekends and one excursion we are making to Puebla, which is a couple hours away (I'm not really sure in what direction). So, I will earn four credits and be back by June 6. We won't be taking classes in the University. Instead, two Spanish instructors are coming with us from UMD and are going to teach on the rooftop of the hotel they are staying in. We meet there for about two hours then leave to tour the city, usually going to mueseums and to the theatre.

The students (about 18 of us from UMD) are staying with host families. I have a roommate who I actually worked with at Target when I was 16. It was by coincidence that we were both going on the same study abroad trip, so we thought it would be fun to room together. Also, all the students are on the same flight, which is way different from last time because I was responsible for finding my own transportation to Spain. So I think this way will be a little less stressful. Well, I should finish packing, and then my parents and I are eating dinner. For some reason, I am starving. So I better fuel up on my last bit of American food before I start eating tacos, refried beans and quesadillas along with margaritas and coronas!!!!...with lemons :)

No comments: