As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flooding and Landslides

So, Korea has a monsoon season and what I've heard is that this summer has had record rainfall. Great. The rain fell the hardest in mid-to-late July, so I was home for one of those weeks and preparing for my summer vacation the other week. Then I headed out of the country for two weeks. But the flooding happened not too far from where I'm living.

Chuncheon is the second biggest city in my province. They got hit the worst by the rainfall and landslides. 32 people died. It's weird to think that all this could be happening and I'm only 50km away. Not good.

Here is a clip from MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43909618/ns/weather/t/dozens-dead-landslides-flash-floods-hit-south-korea/

There was also flooding in Seoul and one of the subway lines had to close. That wasn't good because Koreans are work-a-holics and heavily rely on the subway system. I wouldn't want to be stranded underground in the subway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCSAUQ5whFY

No comments: