As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Favorite Day of the Week

Today is Monday. My work week is Tuesday-Saturday, so Sunday and Monday is my weekend. At first I thought would be a bummer that I had to work on Saturdays, but actually having Mondays off means I can go to the bank or the supermarket or the post office, so really I can't complain. I think after the first of the year, we will go to a Monday-Friday work week, so I should enjoy these Mondays as long as I can.

I did my laundry today. I don't think I have made this public, but the first time I attempted to do laundry, I flooded my apartment. My washing machine is in an enclosed balcony in my apartment, so I saw this hose sticking out of the back of the washing machine and a drain on the other side of this balcony. So I start my wash and assume the water will drain from this hose to the other side to this drain. After an hour passes, I look over to check it and I see a huge wet spot on my floor. I mean, it looked like Lake Superior was in my studio apartment.

First of all, I felt stupid. Second, I had to figure out something to do with all this water. I have a mop/broom in my bathroom, so I just swept all the water back into the enclosed balcony toward the drain. After getting the floor semi-dry, I turned on my heated floors and it dried up in no time. But later I come to find this plastic pipe sticking up from the floor right by the hose. I grab the hose and try to pull it toward this pipe. No surprise, the water is supposed to drain from the hose into this pipe. Why the heck is there a drain on the other side if the water was meant to drain in the pipe? Ugh, that was a bad day.

Now I am an expert at washing clothes. I think that should be all the embarrassing stories for a while, until I start traveling to other countries. That's where things always go wrong with me.

No comments: