As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmastime is busy-time

Sorry I haven't written in a while. My life as a teacher isn't that exciting. I come to work, I prep for classes, I teach five hours everyday, I go home, repeat. Not too exciting. But I have also been planning for a couple trips approaching quickly.

First, 14 foreign teachers rented a cabin in Inje and I have been procrastinating on buying ingredients for making tuna salad. We all have to bring something to share and I have seen cans of tuna, celery, onions, milk and mayonnaise in the supermarket, so I thought I would bring that to share. I have never made it before, but I have good faith in my cooking skills that it will be OK. We are also doing a secret Santa so I do have to buy a small gift too.

AND, one week from today, I will be on a plane to Thailand. One South African and I are flying into Bangkok and staying for one night. I guess there isn't much to do there, so we are going to other islands and beaches that are popular with travelers (I don't like to say tourists because I think of people with hats and fanny packs with a camera around their neck. I am a traveler). So we are taking an overnight train to Phuket and staying there for a couple days. We will take a ferry to a close island (Koh Phi Phi) which look amazing from the pictures I've seen. We might also go to the other side of the peninsula and go to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Then after our stay, we will take the overnight train back to Bangkok, spend the afternoon there and catch our flight back to Seoul. I am totally looking forward to this trip and I can't wait to be lazy and lie on the beach. I will take as many pictures as I can.

I want to wish everyone back home a very Merry Christmas and safe travels to your destinations! It is very strange being away from home over the holidays and I miss everyone!

Take care and see you - on my blog - in January!

No comments: