As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bullfight

Hello everybody! Last Sunday I went to my first bullfight. It was quit an experience. We went free with our program, so that´s why I went. It was very interesting because the matadors are mounted by horseback and they kill the bulls that way. There are three matadors and they each kill two bulls. They first bull they tried to kill didn´t go so well, it seemed like they struggled to kill him and the bull was just suffering, so that made it a little sad to witness for the first time. But as it went on, it seemed to get better. What happens is that the bulls just get too exhausted and they end up collapsing and dying. I don´t know, it was a very weird thing to experience, but it is so big here in there culture. Especially in Andalucía because even some parts in northern Spain don´t agree with bullfights. So, that´s about it. I took some cool pictures though. I loved being in the atmosphere in the bull ring, it really was like a whole bunch of fans at a baseball or football game, they would cheer and whistle and stand and applaud, it was really interesting.

No comments: