As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Martes Gratis (Mardi Gras in Spanish)

Mardi Gras was a long time ago, but I haven't written in a while, so I thought I would catch you up. I haven't had many plans lately, hence I haven't written in a while, but it seems like I usually write a blog when I upload pictures to Facebook, but since I haven't taken many pictures lately, I don't have much to write about.

Anyway, for Mardi Gras, there is actually someone from New Orleans that lives in Wontong, the city next to Inje. It's about 10km down the highway. I was going to meet the Inje crowd and from there we were going to travel to Wontong together. We were going to celebrate at the foreigner apartment, but we were running late, so we just met at a bar. Nothing too exciting.

After a couple hours of drinking, we decided to go to 노래방 (noraybang - karaoke) and I sang two songs that I got 100% on -- La Bamba and Pokerface. Don't judge me. It seems to be a regular routine to sing karaoke after a few hours of drinking. It is quite an experience each and every time.

That's about all that happened. I usually bring my camera to these events, but this night I didn't. I will have more pictures to post in the next couple weekends.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: