As you may know, I love traveling and living in different countries and usually when I am abroad, I keep everyone posted through this blog.

My latest adventure is teaching English in South Korea from November 2010-November 2011. Happy reading!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm bored. I think I'll climb a mountain!



Inje is a small town: not much to do, no store to shop at, no clubs and one bar. I survive, but the other day, the teacher that comes from Seoul to help teach on Saturdays came to Inje and he suggested we explore the town a little. I love doing that, so I told him sure.



We were walking all over town, saw some things I have never seen before or known about, but nothing to boast about. But we did stumble upon a sign that said 'three story stone pagoda and sitting Buddha staute: 4.2km." We both looked at each other and said, "that sounds interesting!"



We didn't have enough time to do that on Saturday, so we met on Sunday to climb the mountain. It was a beautiful: sunny, about 40 degrees and all I wore was a sweathshirt. Couldn't be better. We started to climb and tried to follow the map. The teacher that came from Seoul has been there for 10 years, so he knows a lot of Korean. We tried to find the Buddha, but never did. I think we were on the wrong trail. Towards the end of our journey, we finally understood where the Buddha was. So next time we know where to go.



We never found this 'pagoda' either. We did run into a temple where monks lived. Right on the mountainside. It was crazy. there was still snow on the side of the mountain where not much sun beats. It was snowy in some parts, muddy in others, and perfectly breezy.

No comments: